Celsus Companion One Portable USB DAC & Headphone Amp for PC/IOS/Android
The Celsus Companion One, an advanced and comprehensive portable High-Res audio companion, features a high-performance headphone amp with better than 115dB signal-noise ratio. The USB DAC, utilizing ESS’s class-leading ES9018K2M DAC, decodes up to DSD128 and 384 kHz PCM audio formats. A built-in Wi Fi network allows Companion One to be used as a media streamer capable of PCM 24bit/192kHz streaming. A digital Toslink S/PDIF and one 3.5mm analog output connect Companion One to a wide array of devices.
Unique Market Position
- The Celsus Companion One is the world’s first high-performance DAC that supports both USB cable and wireless connections to Windows, Mac, Android (*OTG) and iOS devices. Another world’s first is the Companion One’s ability to decode and stream 24bit/192kHz music files. Thus the user enjoys the highest quality desktop USB audio playback available and, with the push of a button, streams music from connected devices with better than CD-level resolution.
Low Distortion and Jitter
- With asynchronous USB audio clocking via two internal high-accuracy low-jitter clocks for 44.1kHz (88.2/176.4/352.8) and 48kHz (96/192/384) sampling, the Celsus Companion One optimizes USB digital data transmission for ultra-low-jitter performance with better than 115dB signal-noise ratio.
Build and Sound Quality
- The Celsus Companion One’s curved frame, machined from a single block of aluminum, is a pleasure to hold. With its top and bottom gorilla-glass covers, the Companion One’s build quality surpasses that of any portable DAC on the market today. The unit’s signal path and headphone amplifier circuit have been painstakingly optimized for maximal headphone performance. Discerning audiophiles are bound to appreciate the Companion One’s dynamic and richly detailed music presentation.
- Supports PCM and DSD audio formats
- PCM audio: 16/24/32-bit audio data, 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192/352.8/384 kHz native sample rate.
- DSD audio: DSD64 and DSD128 native decode.
- Asynchronous USB audio clocking with two internal low-jitter clocks separately for 44.1 kHz (88.2/176.4/352.8) and 48 kHz (96/192/384) sampling.
- Switches between USB High Speed (480Mbps) and Full Speed (12Mbps)
- Extremely low latency
- Supports ASIO
- Supports Windows, Mac, Android (*OTG) and iOS devices
- Supports PCM format: 16/24-bit, 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192KHz
- Supports uPNP network media streaming and Airplay
- Digital: Toslink S/PDIF
- Analog: 3.5mm
- Volume Control: 100 steps
- Gain Control: 2 levels, for earphone impedance of 16 to 300 Ohm
- THD+N:0.001%at 0dB, 10 kOhm load
- Frequency Response:20Hz – 22kHz (+0, - 0.5dB)
- Output voltage (0dB):High Gain 3Vrms; Low Gain 1.5Vrms
- S/N ratio:> 115dB (at 2Vrms)
- Crosstalk:< -110dB
- Dynamic range:> 115dB
- Output power:160mW @ 32 Ohm, 28mW @ 300 Ohm