OPPO PM-2 Open Back Over-Ear Planar Magnetic Professional HiFi Music Headphone
Planar Magnetic Headphones
- Proprietary Planar Magnetic Technology
- Life-like, Natural Sound Quality
- High Sensitivity & Scalability
- Plush Padding & Reduced Weight for Exceptional Comfort
- Loud and Clear,yet comfortably light
The OPPO PM-2 Planar Magnetic headphones are characterized by a distillation of the OPPO PM-1’s key acoustic and industrial design features into a more affordable price point. Similar to the OPPO PM-1, the PM-2 is characterized by its natural, dynamic, and engaging sound quality with an emphasis on comfort and reduced weight. The PM-2 uses the same driver as the PM-1, and the same technological breakthroughs are present in the PM-2: the use of a unique 7-layer diaphragm, double-sided spiraling coils, and an FEM-optimized magnet system.
OPPO PLANAR MAGNETIC TECHNOLOGY
- The OPPO PM-2 utilizes a planar magnetic driver that sets it apart from the majority of headphones on the market. Sound is generated by a very thin and light diaphragm whose entire surface area is evenly driven. The diaphragm is driven in a symmetric pull-push manner, and the magnetic system and conductor patterns have been optimized for maximum sensitivity and consistency. This allows the diaphragm to generate very stable and linear piston-like vibrations, ensuring phase coherence and high resolution performance with minimal distortion.
- Unique to OPPO planar magnetic headphones is the use of a double-sided diaphragm, which allows us to place twice as many conductors within the magnetic field and eliminate any passive return zones where the conductors do not work. This results in the use of 100% of our conductor length, which in turn results in greater efficiency. In addition, our flat conductor pattern eliminates inductance-related intermodulation distortion, common with dynamic headphones, and the OPPO PM-2’s purely resistive impedance means that sound quality is unaffected by a headphone amplifier’s output impedance.
- The OPPO PM-2 combines high sensitivity with low weight, allowing it to be used freely with portable devices without requiring additional amplification. Its circumaural, open back design provides the best in sound quality and comfort, and the overall rugged construction ensures that the headphones can withstand mechanical and environmental stress.
- These aspects of the OPPO PM-2’s design combine to provide a transparent, highly dynamic sound that exhibits well-balanced tonal qualities with very little distortion, resulting in a listening experience that is both free of fatigue and capable of communicating every nuance of your favorite music.
UNIQUE SOUND SIGNATURE
Stability, Consistency, Reliability
- Many planar magnetic headphones have large balance deviations between the left and right channels, and accurate stereo reproduction is contingent on having a very close match between the left and right channels. During the OPPO PM-2’s manufacturing process, drivers are closely matched to ensure optimum stereo imaging and soundstage.
Purely Resistive Impedance
- OPPO’s planar magnetic driver has a flat conductor pattern that does not have any inductive components. This eliminates inductance related intermodulation distortion, which is especially common in dynamic drivers with high impedance and a high number of voice coil turns.
- FEM-Optimized Magnet System
- An FEM-optimized magnet system with very high energy Neodymium magnets is used to maximize sensitivity and consistency of the applied force over the driver area.
- When sound enters our ear, it has a planar wave front with all spectrum components in phase. A typical dynamic headphone driver disrupts this coherence with its phase irregularity, resulting in less than perfect signal peak reconstructions. OPPO’s planar magnetic driver has much better phase coherency since all parts of the diaphragm are vibrating in concert without break up and delayed resonance.
Double-Sided Spiraling Coils
- The diaphragm utilizes a spiraling pattern of flat aluminum conductors on either side of the driver. The double-sided design allows twice as many conductors to be placed within the magnetic field, which leads to higher sensitivity, better damping, and even drive force.
- OPPO’s planar magnetic driver diaphragm has 7 layers of thin materials that provide excellent performance, reliability, and longevity. The construction of the diaphragm ensures that it is very stable under thermal stress and vibration.
- Many planar magnetic headphones have a sensitivity far below 100 dB and require very powerful amplifiers to drive. The OPPO PM-2 has a sensitivity of 102 dB, which allows it to pair well with both mobile devices and scale upwards when used with high end headphone amplifiers.
- PREMIUM QUALITY
- The OPPO PM-2 is ruggedly constructed with an emphasis on long term use and maximum consistency from unit to unit. The headphones have been tested to very high standards to withstand mechanical and environmental stress in order to guarantee exceptional performance throughout its lifespan.
- Many planar magnetic headphones weigh over 500 g and are often viewed as being uncomfortable. With a weight of 385 g, the OPPO PM-2 strikes a delicate balance between weight, comfort, and elegant industrial design.
- The OPPO PM-2’s ear cushions are made out of the highest quality natural latex, which is superior to and longer lasting than any chemically formulated foam. It is naturally hypoallergenic, retains its mechanical spring-like properties for much longer periods, and resists moisture build up from sweating. The headband and earpads are made of carefully selected synthetic leather material.
Easily Replaceable Components
- The OPPO PM-2’s earpads are mounted on rubber inserts that can be easily cleaned or replaced. This design maintains compatibility with the PM-1’s earpads and makes trying out the PM-1’s lambskin and velour earpads nearly effortless. The headphone cable is detachable and uses 2.5 mm mono mini jacks to connect to the earcups, making it easy to switch between the longer, 6.35 mm terminated cable for home use, and a shorter, 3.5 mm terminated cable for portable use.
- The 6.35 mm terminated headphone cable features Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) construction wrapped in a black fabric sleeve. A slimline selvedge denim carrying case is also included to allow for easy transportation on the go.
Selvedge Denim Carrying Case
- The selvedge denim carrying case included with your OPPO headphones is manufactured using vintage shuttle looms by a supplier for a number of boutique clothing brands based in Europe and Japan. The material is a stylish, high-end fabric that is prized for its ability to weather the elements and develop a unique aesthetic character over time, and the slim design of the case is a perfect match with the PM-2’s ability to fold flat, allowing the headphones to fit easily within a backpack or briefcase.
- Acoustic Principle : Open back
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural
- Nominal Impedance: 32 Ohm
- Sensitivity : 102 dB in 1 mW
- Clamping Pressure: 5 N
- Cables: 3 m detachable OFC cable (6.35 mm)
- 1 m detachable OFC cable (3.5 mm)
- Cable Connectors : Output: 2.5 mm mono mini jacks
- Input: 6.35 mm stereo jack, 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Weight : 385 g (without cable)
- Driver Type: Planar Magnetic
- Driver Size (Oval) : 85 x 69 mm
- Magnet System: Symmetric push-pull neodymium
- Frequency Response (In Free-Field): 10 - 50,000 Hz
- Long-Term Max Input Power: 500mW according to IEC 60268-7
- Pulse Max Input Power:2 W
- OPPO PM-2
- Carrying Case
- 6.35 mm and 3.5 mm cables
- User Manual
- Will ship via DHL/UPS/EMS or AirMail Parcel through Hong Kong Post .
- It is required to put your phone number on the parcel, please leave me your contact number when you pay.