FiiO X5 2nd gen
FiiO X5 2nd gen High Resolution Lossless Native DSD Decoding 192kHz/24bit HiFi Music Player
- One small step in your eyes ， one giant leap in your ears.
- All new X5 2nd gen-native DSD decoding, more musical, more portable.
Good sound comes from a quality power supply
- To improve sound quality, the all-new X5 employs seamless voltage switching between different gain levels.At high gain, the working voltage reaches 14V(±7V),40% higher than the 1st gen X5, putting the opamps in their best working voltage, greatly increasing dynamics.At low gain, the working voltage is adjusted to ±5V, reducing power consumption, increasing runtime.
Native DSD128 decoding
- Discrete analog volume control, SACD ISO direct decoding.The all-new X5 utilizes an all-new digital audio architecture JZ4760B+SA2000+PCM1792A+PGA2311A,and is able to decode native DSD64/128,and directly play SACD ISOs.Other lossless formats such as WAV, FLAC, APE, WMA, ALAC, AIFF, etc. are also supported at up to 192KHZ/24BIT.To avoid interpolating the DSD signal for volune control, we added Texas Instruments’best analog volume controller PGA2311A,ensuring the most faithful reproduction of DSD while avoiding issues with knob potentiometers such as channel imbalance and poor durability.
Only the best parts
- Synergistic combination of flagship components
- The all-new X5 preserves the top-flight PCM1792A from Texas Instruments, coupled with new OPA1652, with great dynamic performance and FET inputs for I/V conversion, realizing extra-low distortion 0.00005%) and noise.
- Also utilize two top-flight OPA1612 for low pass filtering and amplification for extra-low distortion (0.000015%) and noise.
- Finally, to attain sufficient driving current for wide sound stage, highly-dynamic musical performance, and good bass power, the headphone output stage employs two BUF634U for current buffering, supplying up to 250mA current output(67% improvement over X5 1st gen)
Dual crystal oscillators supplying the most precise timing
Timing-the basis of digital audio
- The all-new X5 employs two silicon crystal oscillators, handling multiples of 44.1KHZ(44.1/88.2/176.4KHZ, DSD64/128) and 48KHZ(48/96/192KHZ) respectively. Moreover, it employs the SiTime MEMS oscillator made in USA, compared to traditional quartz oscillators, it has a wider working temperature range and jitter within 1ps, improving accuracy by 25 times.
From “off” to on in 0Seconds flat
- Deep-sleep standby for instant-on music in everyday use
- On the basis of the X5, we applied the newest technology from the likes of smartphones onto the all-new X5.Through the engineers ' efforts, the all-new X5 successfully reduced standby power consumption to <5mA,so that it may remain in standby for about 4 weeks from a full battery.
Lighter, smaller, more ergonomic
- As a portable product, “portability” is always an important criterion to strive for. Through our engineers ' efforts, we packed the above-mentioned more advanced and complex circuitry into a 15% lighter, 12% smaller than the X5 lst gen.
- To further benefit portable usage, the all-new X5 also supports headsets with CTIA-standard in-line remotes, allowing operations such as play/pause, skip, fast forward and rewind to be controlled remotely.
- The all-new X5 also inherits various helpful design touches that we learned from Previous models, such as the 3 closely spaced but unique side control buttons- recessed Power button, raised volume + button with tactile dot , and raised volume -button without tactile dot together allow speedy unsighted control without risk of mis-press. The status LED has been moved to the side to avoid glare in usage. Various control Schemes allow flexible control of the player even while the screen is off.
- The all-new X5 also supports 10-EQ and user-defined playlist (.m3u/m3u8), and can switch between 5 different display themes on the same firmware.
Appearance and connectors displaying
- Dimensions: 109mm x 63.5mm x 15.3mm
- Weight: 165g
- Screen: 2.4”, 262,144 colors, 400 x 360 pixels
- Shell material: Aluminum alloy
- Power: Micro USB2.0 charging port: Micro USB2.0
- External power: computer USB port, USB charger or mobile power bank
- Storage: Dual Micro SD cards slot Supporting up to 256GB (128GB X 2)
- Headphone port: Standard 3.5 mm headphone port
- Line out/Digital out (coaxial): Standard 3.5 mm port (shared line out/S/PDIF/ coaxial out)
- Status indicators: Status LED—Working: blue, charging: red, fully charge: green.
- Display screen shows detailed battery info and low battery warning.
- Supported formats
- DSD: Supporting DSD64/128(.ios&.dsf&.dff), excluding DST coding.
- APE: up to 192 kHz/24bit (fast) up to 96 kHz/24bit (normal)
- FLAC: up to 192 kHz/24bit at all compression Levels.
- ALAC: up to 192 kHz/24bit
- WAV: up to 192 kHz/24bit
- AIFF: up to 192 kHz/24 bit
- WMA: up to 96 kHz/24bit
- AAC: Supporting AAC as used in Apple’s iTunes, IPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
- OGG: Supported
- MP3: Supported
- MP2: Supported
- Main features
- Firmware upgrades: via Micro SD card (formatted in FAT32)
- Data transfer: Micro USD2.0 High Speed
- Song playback: Supporting browsing and playback via folders, all songs, albums, artists, Genres, favorites and Playlists.
- Asynchronous USB DAC: Supporting up to 24bit/192kHZ and DSD ( driver installation required)
- Play mode: Sequential/shuffle/loop single/loop all
- Resume after power off: can resume from last song or last position before power off.
- Library management: supports adding and managing favorites, playlists (m3u/m3u8) on player;
- Supports deleting favorites, playlists, songs and folders on player;
- Support batch deletion
- Hibernation: Player can automatically enter hibernation for instant wakeup/ playback with minimal battery drain
- Screen saver: Custom defined screen timeout time
- CUE sheets supported: Support splitting songs by CUE sheet and skipping through tracks within CUE sheets
- Themes: 5 different built-in themes
- Playback display: supporting embedded/external/folder-based album art, lyrics and ID3 display
- Gapless playback: Supported
- Volume control: 120 steps digital potentiometer
- Output protection: Power supply safety control over analog circuit
- Output selection: Headphone out and line out
- Gain setting: Switchable between high and low gain
- Equalizer: 10 band equalizer (±6dB)
- Hearing protection: Playback pause on headphone disconnection
- Balance: Max bias 10dB L/R,in 1dB increments
- On/off transients: Output relay prevents on/off transients
- Headphone detection: Playback pauses on headphone disconnection
- Internal battery: 3300mAh 3.7V Li-polymer
- Charging current: 450mA via computer USB port (charging time approx. 8h)
- 1.1A via 2A USB charger (charging time approx... 3h)
- Battery life: ＞10(32Ω; normal volume with display off)
- Chips used: SoC: JZ4760B, DAC: PCM1792A, LPF: OPA1612, OP: OPA1612+BUF643
- Model : X5 2nd gen
- Headphone Port: Standard 3.5mm Headphone Port
- Drive Ability: 16-150Ω
- Volume Control: 120 steps digital potentiometer
- Equalizer: 10-band equalizer (±6dB)
- Display Screen : 2.4" 262,144 color HD IPS screen, 400x360 pixels
- Line Out: Standard 3.5mm Port (Shared line out / S/PDIF coaxial out)
- Bass: N/A
- Treble: N/A
- Digital Out (Coaxial): Standard 3.5mm Port (Shared line out / S /PDIF coaxial out)
- Balance: 10dB
- USB DAC: Supporting up to 24bit / 192kHz and DSD (driver installation required)
- Dimensions: 109mm×63.5mm×15.3mm
Partial Performance Parameters for Line Output
- THD+N: ＜0.001% (1kHz)
- SNR:≥114dB (A-weight)
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Dynamic Range:>110dB
- Crosstalk:＞115dB (10KΩ/1kHz)
- Line Output Level:1.53 Vrms (10KΩ/1kHz)
Partial Performance Parameters for Headphone Output
- Output Power 1:＞245mW (32Ω/THD+N＜1%)
- Output Power 2:＞436mW (16Ω/THD+N＜1%)
- Output Power 3:＞27mW (300Ω/THD+N＜1%)
- Output Impedance:＜0.2Ω（32Ω）
- Crosstalk:＞75dB (1kHz)
- THD+N:＜0.001% (1kHz)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- MAX Output Voltage:＞8.2 Vp-p
- SNR :≥117dB (A-weighted)
- MAX Output Current:＞250mA (For reference)
Power and Battery
- Power:DC5V 2A recommended
- Battery Capacity:3300mAh
- Charge Display: Red light indicates , green light turns on after fully charged
- Battery Life:＞10h (32Ω; normal volume with display off )
- Battery Display: Yes (Accurate battery % readings)
- Charging Time:＜4 h (DC5V 2A)
Audio Formats Supported
- DSD: DSD64, DSD128 (.iso&.dsf & .dff);
- APE (Fast): 192kHz/24bit;
- APE (Normal): 96kHz/24bit;
- APE (High): 96kHz/24bit;
- FLAC: 192kHz/24bit;
- AIFF: 192kHz/24bit;
- WAV: 192kHz/64bit;
- WMA Lossless: 96kHz/24bit;
- Apple Lossless: 192 kHz/24bit;
- Lossy compression: MP2、MP3、AAC、ALAC、WMA、OGG…
- FiiO X5 2nd gen music player
- 1m high-current Micro USB catalog/charging cable
- 3.5mm coaxial S/PDIF adapter
- Black silicone case
- 3pcs protective film(with one already attached onscreen when leaving factory)
- 3 sets bodywork sticker(USA flag, wood grain, carbon fibre)
- Quick reference sheet, quick start guide
- Will ship via DHL/UPS/EMS or AirMail Parcel through Hong Kong Post .
- It is required to put your phone number on the parcel, please leave me your contact number when you pay.