Fiio X7 DAC ES9018S Android-based Smart Portable Music Player Mastering Quality Lossess Playback
- Firmware updates: Supported via update zips placed in internal storage or SD card and user-friendly update program(placing zip in internal storage is recommended)
- Date transfer: USB2.0 high-speed
- Play order: Support playing by folders, all songs, albums, artists, genres, favorites songs and custom playlists
- Play modes: sequential, shuffle, loop single, loop all
- Library management: Support deleting songs on the X7;customizing list of favorite songs; playlist; batch addition and deletion from various lists; deletion of folders; and Bluetooth connection
- Resume playback: app may resume playback from last song or last position of song when X7 is turned back on
- USB DAC: support display 384KHz/64bit via driver installation( to be supported in future firmware)
- Visualizations: support display of internal/external/folder-based album art, ID3 tag info and VU meters(to be added in future firmware)
- Gesture operations: On now playing screen. Swipe from left edge of screen for Now-playing playlist, slide up/down on the right for volume adjustment
- EQ adjustment: Professional 10-band equalizer with 9 built-in genre EQs and custom preset. Hand-drawn EQ curves to be supported in future firmware
- UI settings: Main menu can be customized (among playlists, local music, DLNA, recently played and most played)
- Cloud music: playback via Dropbox, DLNA and NAS(via third party apps and future updates of FiiO music app)
- System mode: includes pure music mode in addition to Android mode( switch via pull-down settings menu and restart)
- Shutdown timer: supported
- Sound balance: 10dB left to 10dB right in 1dB steps
- Gain: high and low gain settings available
- Headphone detection: pause automatically when headphone headphones removed
- WiFi support: supports online music apps via WiFi
- Bluetooth: supports Bluetooth pairing with music devices
- ID3 tag info: supported
- Headphone in-line remotes: supported
- Gapless playback: supported
- Search function for songs: supported
- Chip used: SoC:RK3188;DAC:ES9018S;I/V:OPA1612X2;LPF:OPA1612
- AM1 module:OPA1612+AD8397
Powerful, power-saving CPU with 4xCortex-A9
- The X7 utilizes Rockchip’s RK3188 SoC, with 4 Cores (each 35% faster than an A7)running at 1.4GHz. It is also 30% and 40% faster than Tegra3 at CPU and GPU performance respectively. The RK3188 is also made in a new 28nm process, 55% faster and 60% more power efficient than the 45nm LPSoC, ensuring long runtime with ultra-low leakage current.
No-compromises DAC for the Ultimate Sound
- Designed originally for hi-end home audio, the X7 is one if the first devices to ultimate the original ESS ES9018S in portable audio. It 8 output channels can be bridged 4-a-side for an astonishing 13dB S/N ratio and dynamic range, while THD is as low as -128dB. Compared to the ES9018K2M popularly used in portable devices, the original ES9018S features 6dB higher SNR and dynamic range at the cost of higher power consumption, a cost that the X7 is willing to pay with its robust power section.
- Patented source+amp design for best of both worlds
- Patent-pending dedicated source module + independent headphone amp module design keeps the compact integrated profile of a single portable music player while providing the sonic advantages of utilizing a separate headphone amplifier. The resulting customizability allows you to customize resulting sound(warm,neutral,etc),output power( for driving IEMs for full-size headphones) or output port(single-ended or balanced, etc) by choosing among different modules.
Reasonably sized for one-Handed operation
- The X7 utilizes a full multitouch screen for operation. Obviously, when it comes to music players, larger isn’t always better. After extensive comparison with other music players, we settled on a width of 64mm, which is a comfortable middle size between 58.5mm(iPhone5) and 67mm( iPhone6) that is very suitable for one-handed operation.
- Given the unavoidable thickness of the X7 from having a flagship-class DAC, amp and a battery to match, making the X7 comfortable handholdable from a thickness point of view is also a significant challenge. The X7 is carefully beveled at the edges and also has a stepped design at the back, which has proven to be a comfortable hold in user testing.
- Symmetrical button design, Customizable mapping for left/right handed control
- We each have our handedness preference for pressing buttons on the side of the player; the X7 carries 6 hard buttons, 3 on each side In symmetrical layout; volume+/-,prev/next track, power, play/pause; all of which may be mapped to either the left or right side for your most comfortable control.
Precision machining tolerances for reliable connections
- To ensure that the headphone amp module is easily mounted and removed, with reliable connections, precision machining is essential; the chassis is CNCed in difficult side-on manner requiring precise assembly and each part is examined via magnified projection before being accepted for use . The expansion module is secured via stainless steel star screws, which may be unscrewed using the provided tool. Hardened bronze screw nuts are installed within the chassis for reliable multiple installation and reinstallation of modules without fear of loosening connections.
Quality supplier, precision CNC equipment, ensuring every X7 is successfully produced
- Carefully chosen aluminum blocks are clamed to machining brackets. CNC machine bevels and the six sides according to the customized computer program. The main body chassis alone takes 160min to cut into shape. Onto the surface finishing production line; the chassis needs to be polished and cuts removed before the sandblasted finish is to be applied using microscopic metal beads. Onto anodizing, which takes place only after each part is thoroughly Soaked in cleaning Solution. Coloring takes place through microscopic pore opening, color anodizing and finally microscopic pore closing. Thus each partakes 40 minutes to color. Finally we come to diamond edge beveling; the edges on both the front and back Of the X7 are beveled using the same processing as for an iPhone5, where in the diamond cutter revolves at30,000rpm to bevel the edges to a mirror finish, and a protective surface is formed under the instantaneous high temperatures to produce the aesthetic bright beveled edges. The bronze mounting posts are then riveted and the whole chassis is inspected and packaged.
All- purpose player-universal decoder
- Not only does the X7 support popular Lossless / lossy music formats such as WAV, FLAC , APE , ALAC , AIFF , WMA , MP3 , OGG , etc, higher formats such as DXD,DSD64 / 128 and PCM are supported at up to 384kHz/64bit;5.6MHz ( DSD ).
X7’s own customized music app
- X7’s embedded music app(Fiio Music) was researched and developed with almost as much effort as the hardware itself. Compared to usual Android music player apps, the X7 music app handles lossless music more proficiently and is more user-friendly. The UI is clear and concise, and all status indicators and controls are available at your fingertips in a few screens.
Intuitive and Powerful
- Designed for the advanced audiophile. Swipe from left edge of screen to show the Now Playing playlist; slide up and down on the right side of the screen to adjust volume; the X7 also has Other features such as custom playlists and batch addition of deletion of song favorites.
More fun with accessories for X7
- The X7 supports pairing with Bluetooth devices for effortless wireless music playback and remote control; 3rd party apps may be used to connect to unlimited online music via WiFi. Through firmware updates, playback via DLNA,NAS and cloud storage will also be supported by the FiiO music app.
Docking expansion functionality
- Coming home from a day enjoying Hi-Fi music from the X7 on the move, you may plug the X7 onto the Fiio-exclusive docking amplifier K5 for even higher-grade home listening! The K5 chargers the X7 while providing extra functionality such as ≥1.5W output power, balanced line out, and aux line in, while the X7 may continue to be connected to the computer via the K5 for e.g. USB DAV function.
- Name / Model No:X7（FX7121）
- Operating System: Deeply customized Android 4.4.4
- CPU Model: RK3188
- No. of Cores: 4
- CPU Operating Frequency: 1.4GHz
- DAC: ES9018S
- Keyboard: Virtual QWERTY keyboard
- Input Method: Touchscreen
- Special features: Dual Android / Pure Music operating modes, symmetrical remappable keys, separate interchangeable amp modules, USB DAC, docking connector, etc.
- User Interface: Android 4.4.4 / FiiO Music
- WIFI: 2.4GHz IEEE802.11 b/g/n standards supported
- Bluetooth: 2.4GHz Bluetooth V4.0 + EDR
- USB: Micro USB2.0
- Display Size: 3.97 inches
- Number of Colours: 16.7 million colors
- Display Type: IPS TFT
- Viewable Angle: 178°
- Resolution: 480×800
- Pixel Density: 33ppi
- Touchscreen: Tracks up to 5 simultaneous touch points
- Light Sensor: Included
- NFC: Not included
- Accelerometer: Included
- RAM: 1GB
- Total ROM: 32GB
- Storage Expansion Type: Micro SD
- ROM Available to User:About 27G
- Maximum Storage Expansion: 128GB
Buttons and Ports
- Buttons: Side buttons + touchscreen
- Custom Key Mapping: Supported (track and volume controls)
- Headphone Out: 3.5mm TRRS (supports in-line remotes) Balanced Output: Supported (balanced amp module sold separately)
- Line out / Coaxial Out: 3.5mm TRRS composite port
- USB Connection: Micro USB2.0 (charging/data transfer/ docking function / USB DAC)
- Color: Titanium
- Dimensions: 130mm× 64mm× 16.6mm
- Weight: 220g
- Volume Control: 120 steps +/- button control (via analog-domain controller
- Recommended headphone Impedance:16-300 Ω (depending on fitted amp module)
- Equalizer: 10-band EQ (±6dB), 8 presets+custom preset, freestyle EQ curve drawing planned
- Bass Boost: N/A
- Treble Control: N/A
- Balance Control: Max. 10dB bias
- Gain Control: Low / High
- USB DAC: Up to 384kHz/32bit supported, DSD supported (driver installation required on computer)
- USB Power Adapter: DC5V 2A recommended
- Battery: Internal 3500mAh Li-polymer battery
- Charging Indication: Via LCD display and pulse LED
- Play Time: About 9 hours (32Ω headphones driven to normal listening levels via IEM amp module, display off)
- Battery Indication: Yes (Accurate battery % readings)
- Charging Time: ＜4.5h (using USB 5V 2A charger)
- Firmware upgrade: supported both via zip file and OTA
- Font Size : Changeable
Partial Performance Parameters for Line Output
- THD+N: ＜0.0007% (10KΩ/1kHz)
- SNR: ≥115dB (A-weighted)
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Dynamic Range: >115dB
- Channel Separation:＞100dB (10KΩ/1kHz)
- Line Level: >1.4Vrms (10KΩ/1kHz)
Partial Performance Parameters for Headphone Output (for bundled IEM module)
- Output Power 1: >100mW(32Ω/1kHz)
- Output Impedance: ＜0.2Ω（32Ω load）
- Output Power 2: >200mW(16Ω/1kHz)
- Channel Separation:＞73dB(32Ω/1kHz)
- Output Power 3: >10mW(300Ω/1kHz)
- THD+N ＜0.0008% (32Ω/1kHz)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Peak Output Voltage: ＞5.2Vp-p
- SNR:≥115dB (A-weighted)
- Max. Output Current:＞250mA（For reference）
- Audio Formats Supported
- APE FAST/High/Normal：384kHz/24bit（MAX）
- APE Extra High：192kHz/24bit（MAX）
- APE Insane：48kHz/24bit（MAX）
- Apple Lossless：384kHz/24bit（MAX）
- WMA LOSSLESS：96kHz/24bit（MAX）
- FiiO X7 Music player
- USB Cable
- Coaxial digital adapter cable
- 3 screen protectors(1 already applied to screen in-factory)
- 4 module mounting screws, screwdriver
- Protective shell
- Will be shipped via DHL/UPS/EMS/FEDEX .
- It is required to put your phone number on the parcel, please leave me your contact number when you pay.
This product qualifies for free air shipping to worldwide via Hong Kong Post with tracking number.