iFi-Audio Micro-iCAN Desktop Headphone Amplifier with XBass & 3D Holographic
- Creating a one-box-fits-all-headphones amplifier was a challenge. That’s because headphones are a diverse lot. So when our engineers designed the new iCAN, they didn’t start with the amplifier; they started with the headphones.
- Unlike traditional headphone amplifiers, the design of the iCAN is based on the whole gamut of headphones. This atypical approach has bestowed upon the iCAN a unique ability to realise the full potential of each and every headphone.
- First and foremost, it was designed for the finest sound quality. With XBass you hear deeper, richer and cleaner bass. The 3D Holographic Sound system creates headphone-based music that is free-flowing rather than restricted.
3D Holographic Sound
- Recordings are made for speakers not headphones. This explains the oft-found ‘inside your head’ headphone listening experience. The 3D Holographic Sound system rectifies this to transport the performer from inside your head, to in your room.
- We wanted a headphone amplifier that recreates the most vivid music performance to let your imagination run free; similar to a live concert where the group is playing in front of you. Vibrant, dynamic and resolving: the music stirs you. Above all, with the 3D HolographicSound system, we created a truly high-end 3D sound field without the use of any sound-damaging DSP# whatsoever.
- The only thing to come close? Only a few of the best professional-grade headphone amplifiers used in international recording studios. The iCAN is in a class of its own making studio-quality audio affordable.
- From the instant you connect your headphones to the iCAN, you realise this is exactly how headphones should sound. This Class A TubeState amplification plays a large part; giving an unprecedented level of clarity and authenticity to deliver a ‘living in the moment’ listening experience.
- To attain the ultimate sonic quality, our engineers looked to the Golden Age of audio design. The ground-up iCAN design boasts an unconventional Class A TubeState amplification not of ‘hybrid’ but ‘tri-brid’ circuitry; blending the best of Bi-Polar devices, J-Fets and Advanced Discrete components.
- With negligible distortion, superior damping factor and excellent transient response, your music simply sounds better than ever. This means perfect-matching of the iCAN to your headphones. Whatever your genre; Rock, Jazz and Classical — music is sweet, vivid, and above all: lifelike.
- To achieve the best match to extract the maximum performance from all manner of headphones, our engineers painstakingly tested, measured and auditioned hundreds of headphones.
- The end justified the means as the XBass sound enhancement system is adjustable to suit each and every pair of headphones; large and small headphones alike now reach the deepest bass notes like never before.
- Like the 3D Holographic Sound system and true to iFi’s high-end audio DNA, the XBass circuitry functions without the use of any sound-damaging DSP# whatsoever.
- Our designers left no stone unturned to achieve the finest audio quality. iFi’s DirectDrive technology is directly-coupled for the shortest signal path. It is also more as DriveDrive delivers higher power with lower distortion compared to many USB-powered audio devices.
- With real control and sonic authority, the iCAN is 27x more powerful than the Apple® iPod® Touch and 9x more powerful than the MacBook® Air. Saxophones have that golden leading-edge just like the real thing. Vocals have a palpable body and depth. Drums sizzle one moment yet are thunderous the next.
- Gain: 0dB, 10dB and 20dB user-selectable
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >117dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion(THD): <0.003%(400mV/150R)
- Frequency Response: 0.5Hz to 500KHz(-3dB)
- Output Power: >400mW(32Ω)
- Output Voltage: >5V (>600Ω)
- Input Voltage: AC 100 – 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: < 4W idle, 10W max.
- Dimensions: 158(l)x68(w)x28(h)mm
- Weight: 216g(0.48lbs)
- iFi-Audio Micro-iCAN
- 4 pieces of rubber feet
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable
- Dual RCA signal cable
- 3.5mm adapter
This product qualifies for free air shipping to worldwide.