iFi-Audio Micro-iCAN Desktop Headphone Amplifier with XBass & 3D Holographic
- Creating a one-box-fits-all-headphones amplifier was a challenge. That’s because headphones are a diverse lot. So when our engineers designed the new iCAN, they didn’t start with the amplifier; they started with the headphones.
- Unlike traditional headphone amplifiers, the design of the iCAN is based on the whole gamut of headphones. This atypical approach has bestowed upon the iCAN a unique ability to realise the full potential of each and every headphone.
- First and foremost, it was designed for the finest sound quality. With XBass you hear deeper, richer and cleaner bass. The 3D Holographic Sound system creates headphone-based music that is free-flowing rather than restricted.
3D Holographic Sound
- Recordings are made for speakers not headphones. This explains the oft-found ‘inside your head’ headphone listening experience. The 3D Holographic Sound system rectifies this to transport the performer from inside your head, to in your room.
- We wanted a headphone amplifier that recreates the most vivid music performance to let your imagination run free; similar to a live concert where the group is playing in front of you. Vibrant, dynamic and resolving: the music stirs you. Above all, with the 3D HolographicSound system, we created a truly high-end 3D sound field without the use of any sound-damaging DSP# whatsoever.
- The only thing to come close? Only a few of the best professional-grade headphone amplifiers used in international recording studios. The iCAN is in a class of its own making studio-quality audio affordable.
- From the instant you connect your headphones to the iCAN, you realise this is exactly how headphones should sound. This Class A TubeState amplification plays a large part; giving an unprecedented level of clarity and authenticity to deliver a ‘living in the moment’ listening experience.
- To attain the ultimate sonic quality, our engineers looked to the Golden Age of audio design. The ground-up iCAN design boasts an unconventional Class A TubeState amplification not of ‘hybrid’ but ‘tri-brid’ circuitry; blending the best of Bi-Polar devices, J-Fets and Advanced Discrete components.
- With negligible distortion, superior damping factor and excellent transient response, your music simply sounds better than ever. This means perfect-matching of the iCAN to your headphones. Whatever your genre; Rock, Jazz and Classical — music is sweet, vivid, and above all: lifelike.
- To achieve the best match to extract the maximum performance from all manner of headphones, our engineers painstakingly tested, measured and auditioned hundreds of headphones.
- The end justified the means as the XBass sound enhancement system is adjustable to suit each and every pair of headphones; large and small headphones alike now reach the deepest bass notes like never before.
- Like the 3D Holographic Sound system and true to iFi’s high-end audio DNA, the XBass circuitry functions without the use of any sound-damaging DSP# whatsoever.
- Our designers left no stone unturned to achieve the finest audio quality. iFi’s DirectDrive technology is directly-coupled for the shortest signal path. It is also more as DriveDrive delivers higher power with lower distortion compared to many USB-powered audio devices.
- With real control and sonic authority, the iCAN is 27x more powerful than the Apple® iPod® Touch and 9x more powerful than the MacBook® Air. Saxophones have that golden leading-edge just like the real thing. Vocals have a palpable body and depth. Drums sizzle one moment yet are thunderous the next.
- Gain: 0dB, 10dB and 20dB user-selectable
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >117dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion(THD): <0.003%(400mV/150R)
- Frequency Response: 0.5Hz to 500KHz(-3dB)
- Output Power: >400mW(32Ω)
- Output Voltage: >5V (>600Ω)
- Input Voltage: AC 100 – 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: < 4W idle, 10W max.
- Dimensions: 158(l)x68(w)x28(h)mm
- Weight: 216g(0.48lbs)
- iFi-Audio Micro-iCAN
- 4 pieces of rubber feet
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable
- Dual RCA signal cable
- 3.5mm adapter
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, global international shipping will delays. The delay at our Hong Kong post office is very serious, so we have changed to other fastest or most efficient international shipping. Now the normal estimated delivery time may be delayed by about 1-2 weeks. In some countries where is higher free-tax rate, we will provide free courier service as much as possible.
All listed items will be shipped though Registered Airmail with tracking number if there is no extra shipping method option listed or shipping description in the product page.
Economy shipping: Will be shipped without tracking number.
Registered Airmail : Will be shipped via such as Hong Kong post , Deutsche Post , Netherlands Post , Singapore Post, you can leave us a message if you have any requirement about the shipping method .
It will be shipped via Hong Kong Post by default, Europe countries can choose to be shipped via Deutsche Post or Netherlands Post, it is also FREE, pls leave us a message if needed.
Express service: Will be shipped via DHL/EMS/UPS/FedEx