- Views: 11527
- Brand: FiiO
- Product Code: A5
- Availability: Out Of Stock
FiiO A5 MUSESO2 + LME49600 Highly Effective Powerful Portable Headphone Amplifier
Strong Internals Make For A Lively Listen
- The A5 continues to use the E12A’s highly effective MUSESO2 + LME49600 opamp combo. In addition, all major components utilize high-precision metal film resistors. These factors, along with better design and component selection, allow the A5 to achieve a total harmonic distortion (THD) rating of almost 0 percent (lower than the E12A’s by 33 percent) and an improved signal-to-noise ratio of 115dB. All of these factors signify that the A5 has a gain level close to that of the E12, but has improved channel balance, lower noise floor, and overall a purer sound.
Clean and potent power is also extremely important to sound quality.
- The A5 contains a highly efficient, Low-resistance power management system as well as dual +/-11V supplied power. This is a significant increase over the E12A’s +/-L4V supplied power and gives the A5 considerable power reserve that is unheard of among portable amplifiers. Finally, a +1- symmetrical power supply allows for the elimination of coupling capacitors. What does this alt mean for the sound quality? Reduced distortion and increased dynamic range.
Longer Battery Life Backed By Smart Charging
- Contained in the A5 is an 88OmAh 3S (three cells in series) battery. The A5 can automatically adjust the amount of current to the 3S battery when charging by detecting your particular charging equipment. Whether you charge from your computer’s USB port, your cell phone charger, or even your tablet’s charger, you can be assured that the A5 will choose the safe and appropriate charging speed. With a5V/2Acharger, theA5 s battery can be fully topped up in 2.5 hours — faster and more convenient compared to other similar products. And despite the A5’s high power output, the amp still lasts for a lengthy 12 hours.
Charging That Is Obvious At A Glance
- TheA5 has a LED specifically designed to let you know device’s charging status immediately. Depending on the amount of current when charging, the LED will blink at an appropriate rate which allows you to quickly determine the present charging speed. There is also a working status indicator that lets you immediately know whether the unit is on or off.
All New CNC Milled Headphone Connectors
- For the sake of creating an ever better product, no detail could be overlooked. The headphone connector was no exception. For the first time, we use a CNC stainless steel headphone connector ring, replacing the previously used copper. A plastic ring is pressed into the gap between this connector ring and the rest of the body, ensuring it is seamlessly integrated with zero gaps. Not only is this more aesthetically pleasing, the headphone connector is also sturdier due to the non-existent gaps and the use of harder stainless steel.
Geometrical Beauty From A Functional 45°
- We decided to break away from our design traditions when creating the A5. Take for instance, the design of the volume knob. Inspired by string instruments, fifty -six45O°lines are etched onto the knob's surface. The laser - inspired red ring that adorns the knob gives it a distinct, characteristic look.
Fine Grains Of Zirconium For A Smooth Finish
- Instead of the brushed metal finish of our earlier amps, we elected to go with a sandblasted finish for the A5. In the sandblasting process, abrasive material is forcefully sprayed onto the body’s surface with highly compressed air. This ensures that the surface is not only more durable, but also allows the anodized paint that gives the A5 its unique look to last longer. By having the aluminum body subjected to this process, the A5 is both more robust and striking in appearance.
- Color Available: Titanium color
- Audio Input: 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Headphone Output: 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Output power: 800mW (320 TH D<1%)
- Recommended headphone impedance: 16-3000
- Volume Control: ALPS Potentiometer
- Bass Boost: 1 Level
- Power Input: recommend DC5V 2A
- Drive Ability: 16~300 Ω (recommend)
- Battery Capacity: 880 mAh
- Battery Life: ≥13 h
- Output power: ＞800 mW (32 Ω/THD＜1%)
- ≥ 150mW（300Ω/THD＜1%）
- Charging Time: ＜3 h（DC5V 2A）
- THD+N: ＜0.002％ (1 kHz)
- Output Impedance: ＜0.3 Ω
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz~90 kHz（-3dB，Input: 220mV）
- SNR：≥115dB (A-weighted)
- Input Sensitivity: 5.6 V (GAIN=L)
- 1.15V (GAIN=H)
- MAX Input Level：＞8 Vrms
- Crosstalk: ≥ 75 dB
- Channel Imbalance：＜0.3 dB
- Gain: 13 dB (GAIN=H) 0 dB (GAIN=L)
- Bass Boost Range：4 dB (BASS ON)
- Peak Output Voltage: 14.96 Vp-p
- MAX Output Current：250 mA（For reference）
- Dimensions: 124mm X 65.5mm X 14.5mm
- Weight: 168g (incl. battery)