OPPO PM-3 Closed-Back Over-Ear Planar Magnetic Professional HiFi Music Headphone
Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Headphones
- Excellent sound quality from planar magnetic drivers
- Closed-back design for privacy and noise isolation
- High sensitivity, light weight and comfortable fit
- Elegant styling and exquisite workmanship
Engineered for Emotion，Designed for Urban Life
- The OPPO PM-3 combines true audiophile performance, elegant styling, noise isolation and portability into a pair of sleek lightweight Planar Magnetic headphones. With the PM-3, users can easily recreate the experience of listening to a pair of flagship headphones on a flagship amplifier or a high quality 2-channel speaker system in an optimized listening room, but in a portable form factor that can be taken anywhere. Tipping the scale at just slightly over 10 oz., the PM-3 is the world's lightest closed-back planar magnetic headphones. This makes the PM-3 the ideal headphones for a person who is always on the go. Its elegant styling and exquisite workmanship make the headphones a pleasure to wear in public, and its light weight and exceptional comfort make it easy to listen for hours on end. The closed-back nature of the PM-3 provides isolation from the outside world, blocking out the surrounding noise while avoiding sound leakage from the headphones.
OPPO Planar Magnetic Technology
- The OPPO PM-3 utilizes a planar magnetic driver that is developed from the driver in our EISA award-winning PM-1 headphones. Technological breakthroughs achieved during the PM-1's development, such as the 7-layer double-side voice coil diaphragm design and FEM-optimized neodymium magnet system, have enabled us to reduce the weight of the planar magnetic drivers while maintaining excellent sound quality and high sensitivity. This driver would not have been possible without the breakthroughs achieved in the PM-1's driver design.
- In the PM-3's planar magnetic driver, sound is generated by a very thin and light diaphragm which is driven in a symmetric pull-push manner, and the magnetic system and conductor patterns have been optimized for maximum sensitivity and consistency. This allows the diaphragm to generate very stable and linear piston-like vibrations, ensuring phase coherence and high resolution performance with minimal distortion.
- The PM-3 driver's smaller size and high sensitivity overcome the shortcomings of traditional planar magnetic technology such as being difficult to drive and heavy weight. This all-new 55 mm diameter round driver is especially suitable for a lightweight close-back design like the PM-3. The PM-3 maintains the very natural and smooth sound signature of the PM-1, and is tuned to have deep, tight bass and a touch of excitement.
Unique Planar Magnetic Sound
- Utilizing planar magnetic drivers derived from the award-winning PM-1 headphones, the PM-3 features deep bass, smooth midrange, and clear treble. The sound signature can be described as very natural and balanced, with plenty of emotion and impact.
- When sound enters our ear, it has a planar wave front with all spectrum components in phase. A typical dynamic headphone driver disrupts this coherence with its phase irregularity, resulting in less than perfect signal peak reconstructions. OPPO's planar magnetic driver has much better phase coherency since all parts of the diaphragm are vibrating in concert without break up and delayed resonance.
Purely Resistive Impedance
- PPO's planar magnetic driver has a flat conductor pattern that does not have any inductive components. This eliminates inductance related inter-modulation distortion, which is especially common in dynamic drivers with high impedance and a high number of voice coil turns.
- OPPO's planar magnetic driver diaphragm has 7 layers of thin materials that provide excellent performance, reliability, and longevity. The construction of the diaphragm ensures that it is very stable under thermal stress and vibration.
Double-Sided Spiraling Coils
- Te diaphragm utilizes a spiraling pattern of flat aluminum conductors on either side of the driver. The double-sided design allows twice as many conductors to be placed within the magnetic field, which leads to higher sensitivity, better damping, and even drive force.
FEM Optimized Magnet System
- An FEM-optimized magnet system with very high energy Neodymium magnets is used to maximize sensitivity and consistency of the applied force over the driver area.
Optimized for Mobile Use
- Many planar magnetic headphones have a sensitivity far below 100 dB and require very powerful amplifiers to drive. The OPPO PM-3 has a sensitivity of 102 dB, which allows it to be easily driven with mobile devices. Its low impedance works well with smartphones that ship with low impedance ear buds.
Lightweight and Truly Portable
- With a weight of just 320 g, the OPPO PM-3 is the world's first truly portable closed-back planar magnetic headphone. It folds flat and comes with a selvedge denim carrying case. When folded and protected in the carrying case, the PM-3 takes very little space in a briefcase or backpack.
- Many planar magnetic headphones weigh over 500 g and are often uncomfortable to wear for more than a short period of time. Thanks to its light weight, plush padding and carefully calibrated clamping force, the OPPO PM-3 is a joy to listen for hours on end.
- Hi-fi products do not need to look ugly, and stylish products do not need to sound mediocre. The PM-3 sounds excellent, looks beautiful, and is equally at home in the fast-paced urban jungle as in the warmth of a dedicated listening room.
Material and Build Quality
- The OPPO PM-3 is ruggedly constructed with strong metal and plush padding materials. The headphones have been tested to very high standards to withstand mechanical and environmental stress in order to guarantee exceptional performance throughout its lifespan.
Stability, Consistency, Reliability
- Many planar magnetic headphones have large balance deviations between the left and right channels, and accurate stereo reproduction is contingent on having a very close match between the left and right channels. During the OPPO PM-3's manufacturing process, drivers are closely matched to ensure optimum stereo imaging and soundstage.
Selvedge Denim Carrying Case
- The selvedge denim carrying case included with your OPPO headphones is manufactured using vintage shuttle looms by a supplier for a number of boutique clothing brands based in Europe and Japan. The material is a stylish, high-end fabric that is prized for its ability to weather the elements and develop a unique aesthetic character over time, and the slim design of the case is a perfect match with the PM-3’s ability to fold flat, allowing the headphones to fit easily within a backpack or briefcase.
- Acoustic Principle: Closed back
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural
- Nominal Impedance: 26 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 102 dB in 1 mW
- Clamping Pressure: 5 N
- Cables: 3 m detachable cable (3.5 mm with 6.35 mm adapter)
1.2 m detachable cable (3.5 mm)
- Cable Connectors: Output: 3.5 mm stereo jack
Input: 6.35 mm stereo jack, 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Weight: 320 g (without cable)
- Driver Type: Planar Magnetic
- Driver Size (Round): 55 mm diameter
- Magnet System: Symmetric push-pull neodymium
- Frequency Response In Free-Field：10 - 50,000 Hz
- Long-Term Max Input Power：500 mW according to IEC 60268-7
- Pulse Max Input Power：2 W
- OPPO PM-3
- Carrying Case
- 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter.
- 3 meter main cable
- 1.2 meter portable cable.
- User Manual
- Will be shipped via DHL , TNT or FedEx such express service , If you have any question about the shipping ways , please feel free to contact us .
- our telephone number when you pay .so we can ship out your item in the first time
All listed items will be shipped though Registered Airmail with tracking number if there is no extra shipping method option listed or shipping description in the product page.
Economy shipping: Will be shipped without tracking number.
Registered Airmail : Will be shipped via such as Hong Kong post , Deutsche Post , Netherlands Post , Singapore Post, you can leave us a message if you have any requirement about the shipping method .
It will be shipped via Hong Kong Post by default, Europe countries can choose to be shipped via Deutsche Post or Netherlands Post, it is also FREE, pls leave us a message if needed.
Express service: Will be shipped via DHL/EMS/UPS/FedEx