Sony NW-WM1Z 256GB 192kHz/24 bit Native DSD Lossless Audiophile digital Music Player
Pure sound, premium parts
- Discover the functional beauty of oxygen-free copper. The NW-WM1Z is fully encased in a high-grade gold-plated oxygen-free copper chassis. Widely used in instrument manufacturing, the copper lends the player its unique natural, acoustic sound. Its conductivity and raw strength reinforce the Walkman® with unrivalled audio performance.
Advanced cable design
- Made using advanced braiding techniques, the four wire braided cables engineered with KIMBER KABLE® are handcrafted to seamlessly handle high power and deliver ultimate sound performance.
- The newly developed FT CAP (high polymer capacitor) works to regulate power flow, optimizing it for instant, clean power when needed.
- Delivering every note as the artist intended with High-Resolution Audio
- Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker, so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you. High-resolution audio files usually use a high sampling frequency of 96 kHz or 192 kHz at 24-bit.
A revolution in authentic sound quality
- Building upon a wealth of experience in digital amp technology, our engineers developed the NW-WM1Z with detailed acoustics and natural sound qualities, resulting in a unique and truly pleasurable listening experience.
- Reliable circuitry
- The surface mounted Fine Sound Register ensures even, effective distribution of power to the circuit components, for consistent sound quality.
The new standard of power
- The Walkman® features a balanced single plug, designed for the new ø0.17" balanced connection cable. This separates left and right sound signals, while minimizing signal transmission loss and resulting sound deterioration.
- Losing nothing in translation
- The NW-WM1Z supports native DSD (Direct Stream Digital) audio files, which are sourced early in the production process. This means they retain all the authentic detail of the original recording.
- Faithful sound reproduction
- The new S-Master™ HX digital amp technology, independently developed for Walkman®, has evolved to be compatible with Native DSD, Balanced and high output power formats. It reduces distortion and noise across a wide range of frequencies for rich, full-bodied sound.
Up to 30 hours of High-Resolution Audio playback
- Keep the music playing as long as you are, with up to 30 hours of non-stop High-Resolution Audio playback (FLAC 96 kHz/24 bit) and 33 hours MP3 (128 kbps).
Pure sound translation with DC Phase Linearizer
- Our DC Phase Linearizer works to effectively replicate a wide variety of sonic signatures. It applies digital-signal processing to match the phase characteristics of various types of analog amplifier to deliver a purer, more analog-like sound. Choose from six phase character settings.
- Preserving the feeling
- Capturing every note and nuance with DSEE HX. Take the concert feeling home and experience your music as the artist intended, in near High-Resolution Audio quality. DSEE HX upscaling technology uses an algorithm to analyze your music and replace any lost information, so that the quality is almost high-resolution level. Choose from 5 modes to bring out the best in your music.
- Intuitive side key
- Simple, near instinctive side-key control enables you to control your music with ease.
- The fully responsive 4" (10.2 cm) touchscreen and classic interface design have been tailored to meet the needs of the most passionate audiophiles.
- Enjoy 265 GB of built-in memory
- The NW-WM1Z packs in 256 GB of built-in file memory, so you never run out of music.
Multiple music formats
- The NW-WM1Z supports High-Resolution Audio formats, DSD Native (11.2 MHz) as well as popular formats like MP3, WAV, AIFF, WMA, AAC, HE-ACC, FLAC, and ALAC.
Discover better Bluetooth with LDAC
- LDAC is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted, LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
- Expandable memory
- Never run out of space for your music library and store files in the highest quality with the Micro SD slot
- Premium Walkman® featuring quality materials and cutting edge technology for uncompromised sound quality.
- High-Resolution Audio compatible
- Native DSD (direct stream digital) file support2
- DSEE HX upscales music to high resolution quality
- S-Master HX digital amplifier for pure sound quality
- 256 GB capacity (up to 1,600 High-Resolution Audio tracks)
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (w x h x d)
- 2.87" x 4.89" x 0.78"
- 16.05 oz
- Battery life - continuous playback music
- 33 hours (mp3 128 kbps) 26 hours (flac 192 khz/24 bit) 11 hours (dsd 11.2 mhz)
- Charging time (quick charge) no
- Memory size 256 gb
- Network connectivity
- Usb connection
- Hi-speed usb (usb 2.0 compliant)
- Wm-port 22 pins
- Operating system
- Sony original os
- System requirements
- Mac os® x v10.8～10.11, microsoft windows® 10, windows vista® (sp2 or later), windows® 7 (sp1 or later), windows® 8.1
- Input and output terminals
- 0.17" balanced jack, microsd slot, stereo mini jack, wm-port
- Wireless capabilities bluetooth®, nfc
- Video play mode
- Wrist Strap
- USB cable
- Leather carrying case
- Quick Start Guide
- Will ship via DHL/UPS/EMS/FEDEX
- It is required to put your phone number on the parcel, please leave us your contact number when you pay.
This product qualifies for free air shipping to worldwide via Hong Kong Post with tracking number.